A dishwasher does much more than just clean dishes. It saves a lot of money, time, and energy, which can be invested in something else. It is like a significant relief to leave the utensils undone, knowing they will be cleaned independently without being bothered about it at all.
Miele produces the best dishwashers with a classic style that buyers get attracted to, but they face problems after a few years of its utility. If you, too, have a Miele product at home, then it is worth a read.
Like every happy customer of Miele, you too might have been attracted to the stylish, high-end dishwasher machines which are noiseless, wash well, and last many years beyond their life span. The Miele water inlet valve gives trouble after a few years as reviewed by most of the customers.
The main problem that occurs on a Miele dishwasher is the Waterproof System (WPS). The WPS system handles overflowing by rendering the job to another valve if one valve fails to close.
A quick replacement must be the first thought to come across but check with the Miele technical team if they are up for the service for the given warranty period.
Inspecting the Dishwasher Water Inlet Valve:
One can detect the flaw with the inlet valve of Miele’s dishwashers if there is an overflow from the dishwasher. It primarily arises from the leaking of the water inlet valve.
The water supply must be disconnected. Make sure that the dishwasher is unplugged. The lower access panel can then be removed to locate the grey box of WPS located on the lower left side of the dishwasher.
Traces of wear, damage, and cracking is to be inspected visually. You can check the wiring if you have experience handling the same.
However, a visual inspection should tell you about the leakage on the spot. Any damage visually caught is considered a red alert, and that would mean immediate replacement of the Miele water inlet valve.
Many reviewers have noticed that the Miele water inlet valve problem can be identified by the red intake light blinking on the front side of the dishwasher, leading to a continuous filling and draining of water in whichever state it is.
Once this starts occurring, you can stop the water from entering the dishwasher by turning off the hot water valve under the sink.
Note: If a person is attempting to repair on his own, he should be careful of the live wires. No power supply should be there during the repair of the dishwasher water inlet valve.
Safety guidelines of Waterproof System (WPS):
Waterproof System (WPS): The Waterproof System (WPS) is a dual water inlet valve. The WPS system handles overflowing by rendering the job to another valve if one valve fails to close. One can locate two solenoids of WPS in the grey box under the sink. The grey tube inside contains the water intake hose, the wiring, and the outer sleeve.
Solenoids: The entire mechanism lies here. The solenoids open when there is water requirement through the intake hose and into the dishwasher. If the solenoids leak, then the outer sleeve protects it by channeling the water into a drip tray in the dishwasher base.
Float Switch: The float switch is a microswitch that gets activated before the accumulated water starts overflowing to stop the water intake and cuts off the water supply.
Drain Pump: The drain pump is activated to check the water’s overflow from the appliance until the machine is unplugged or till there is no water in the drip tray.
Filter and Restrictor: The water inlet valve to the WPS contains a filter and a restrictor. The filter bars the entry of large debris into the system, and the restrictor measures the right water pressure. However, the filters get clogged from time to time, which is to be cleaned after frequent intervals.
Miele Dishwasher Water Inlet Valve:
- The Miele water inlet valve has the same function in dishwashers. It fills hot water in the dishwasher in the right amount, and the timer and electronic control regulate it.
- One can find the water inlet valve in the lower access panel with two wires attached to it.
- One of these wires is connected to the tub, which releases water (the outlet hose), and the other carries hot water inside from the household supply (the inlet hose).
- If the dishwasher does not fill, then there is a chance that the inlet hose has not supplied enough water pressure into the dishwasher.
The Miele water inlet valve gives trouble after a few years of its utility as reviewed by most customers. The main problem that occurs on a Miele dishwasher is the Waterproof System (WPS) and hence replacing the same is mandatory at this stage.
Replacing a Dishwasher’s Water Inlet Valve
Stepwise guidelines have been jotted down for hassle-free replacement of Miele water inlet valve:
- First, ensure that there are no leaks from the hoses. Also, make sure that the hose pipes are connected to the inlet valve properly. Then, turn off the water supply from beneath the sink to remove the hose. It can also be used as a garden hose later.
- According to the number of solenoids, the number of wires varies. For one solenoid, there will be two wires and four wires for two solenoids. Slip-on connectors connect these wires.
- The wires should not be connected to the slip-on connectors. Disconnect them carefully. One can also use a pair of needle-nosed pliers if required.
- Remove the screws and open the inlet valve from the dishwasher.
- Now, install the new water inlet valve in the same place and secure it back following the reverse order of opening the same.
- Plug on the power supply and check if the dishwasher is working as it generally should.
Note: If a person is attempting to repair on his own, he should be careful of the live wires. No power supply should be there during the repair of the inlet valve.
Water Inlet Valve Replacement Alternatives:
Frigidaire Inlet Valve at Amazon
A good alternative that provides a solution for replacing the Miele water inlet valve is the Frigidaire inlet valve by Frigidaire. Specification of this product is mentioned below:
Frigidaire Inlet Valve:
The Frigidaire Inlet Valve has been marked as Amazon’s choice. This water inlet valve has gained 562 ratings overall out of which 84% of the happy customers have given a five-star due to its compatibility with Miele dishwashers and easy installation.
This inlet valve has ensured its best quality for its money, which scored a 4.8 over 5. This price is much lower than the average repair cost of around $170, and if the technician visits your locality, it costs even more (around $300).
Based on the survey, the Frigidaire Inlet Valve scores a 4.7 over 5 with a price tag of just $26. Easy installation bags a handsome 4.6 points over 5.
For the excellent fixation of the Miele water inlet valve replacement, one needs to get the correct model number before making the purchase. A verified stepwise installation procedure is chalked down below for ease in replacement:
- A $5 adapter is required for the setup of the inlet valve.
- A Teflon pipe may also be required for the setup of the valve to the water inlet line.
Upon installing the Miele water inlet valve by Frigidaire inlet valve, you can check if it works correctly.
One can identify it by the soft humming sound, which occurs when the solenoid is engaged, and water flows through the valve filling the dishwasher in the right amount.
There are Many Replacement Solutions Available at Buy Spares.
- Miele Dishwasher solenoid valve -$150
- Miele Cold Water Inlet Solenoid Valve – $171
- Miele Non-Return Valve Assembly – $85
- Miele Dishwasher Solenoid Valve – $ 125.89
- Miele Water Intake Assembly – $116.56
- Miele Waterproof Valve System – $89
There are Many Replacement Solutions Available at eBay.
- Miele G1000-G2000-G400-G5000-G6000 series dishwasher non-return valve – $62.
- Genuine Miele dishwasher non returns valve 3149419 G400 G500 G7000 GS PG series – $65.
- Miele G1000-G2000-G4000-G5000-G6000 series Lave Anti-Retour Sup ape 5750095 – $78.
- RECOMMENDED USE: Replacement inlet valve for dishwashers
- GENUINE REPLACEMENT PART: Made specifically to be compatible with Frigidaire and Electrolux dishwashers, and more
- PART #: 154637401
- COMPATIBILITY: Ensure replacement part is compatible with your home appliance before purchasing
- INSTALLATION: Follow installation instructions to ensure proper fit and function of this appliance part
The Miele dishwashers provide a commendable service. However, like every other electronic device, it degrades down after five to six years approximately.
Enjoy the continued stretch of its life span, and later, you get a variety of options of replacements to choose from for the Miele water inlet valve.
Proper handling can reward you with a bonus time to research all the feasible approaches and opt for the best to meet your demands at the earliest.