Imagine this. It’s Wednesday night, you are sitting on your bed going through your blank dull spreadsheet, which you must submit tomorrow. The only thing that is on your mind is the Saturday night party at your friend’s house. The new white dress which you bought only for the occasion keeps peeping out of your wardrobe, all ready to be worn and slay the party.
You bring the dress from the closet and place it on your laps and start admiring it. But the thought makes you forget about the coffee mug on the bed, which just got spilled all over your dress and bedsheets. Your mind turns blank. When you were about to cry for help, you realize there is a magic wand in your bathroom!
You quickly dash towards the washroom. The shiny red magic wand is resting on the shelf, eagerly waiting to be used. You spin the wand around the stain and poof! The stain is gone! Now nothing can stop you from slaying the party! Except, of course, your undue work which you must submit today else you will be called in for overtime.
To some, it might be clear till now that we are not talking about an actual wand, those who are still confused about what the heck is going on and checking whether they’re on the right site or not, well, it is not an actual wand, it’s the iconic Wisk detergent that we are talking about. However, Wisk discontinued its operation in 2016, which is why we have mentioned some of its alternatives as well.
What Is All the Fuss About Wisk?
If you are a resident of the united states, or a detergent enthusiast, or maybe just a regular guy with obsessive-compulsive disorder and wants his or her collar to look as clean as a whistle, then you might be familiar with the brand.
For others with no idea of what the hell is going on here, Wisk was a detergent brand that had been in the business for a very long time, but sadly, in the year 2016, Wisk Discontinued its sales. Yup, you heard that right, the Wisk just got discontinued.
The Days of Glory
Wisk detergent has been a household name all over the united states of America since 1956, that is the year it was launched. The famous Lever Brothers Company started it. The product was a quick success as soon as it came to the markets and gained immense popularity for being the first-ever liquid detergent. Washing detergent had always been in powder form before that.
The iconic line, “Wisk around the collar to remove ring around the collar,” has caught the eyes of many users. Not to forget, the exciting advertisement techniques used by the company to promote its product were wholesome.
There have been people whose grandparents used to buy the detergent, their parents would buy them as well, and they used the product, for these kinds of people Wisk has always been more of a homely feeling than just a detergent liquid. Therefore, the news that Wisk discontinued its operation made them upset. It is a human tendency to get attached to worldly things, and the same happened with the Wisk detergent
Then What Went Wrong?
It is said that if you desire to rise, you must set free from the things that weigh you down. The product was running quite well from 1956 to 2007, that is almost 50 years. The sales were pretty good, the company was doing just fine, and the customers were also satisfied with the product. But in the year 2008, a new brand occurred into the market, yes you guessed that right, it was the Vestar Capital Partners.
Due to some unknown reasons, the parent company of Lever Brothers, the famous Unilever, decided to divest its assets in the North American region, which included the Wisk detergent. The Unilever company further got together with the Vestar Capital Partners to form a mutual company known by the name The Sun Products Corporation. This deal caused harm to detergent sales, and Wisk discontinued its operation for a while.
In the year 2010, the Wisk detergent was all set to be relaunched, with everything new, which included the packaging, the slogan, and the advertising tactics. The formulation of the detergent was improved as well. This unique formulation was termed “stain spectrum technology” by the company owners.
The product claimed to have a variety of enzymes and cleaning agents that would primarily target the major stain-causing groups, such as protein stains, carbohydrate stains, and oil stains. It earned the highest score of all detergents in a tough ring-around-the-collar test, making good on its promise to tackle trapped body oils and sweat.
The company launched a new advertising campaign with a new slogan, which goes to “the science of stain-fighting.” The science-oriented approach of the brand, along with the brands’ familiarity among the household people, became a plus point for the sales of the product.
Thus, Wisk was yet again a massive success in the market. The company even came with a broad spectrum of formulations that can target all categories of consumers like “deep clean” which was used to remove tough and stubborn stains.
Did the Red Wand Poof Itself into Thin Air?
In 2016, Henkel, a German brand, bought the Sun Products company and decided to discontinue the Wisk detergent to reduce the competition for its original detergent brand, Persil. The customers were not entirely satisfied with the decision but had no other choice but to let the magic wand go away.
With no such news being received regarding the return of the detergent brand, the customers are looking for alternatives to the brand, which would provide the same level of customer satisfaction as the Wisk.
Do We Have any Other Options?
As the famous saying goes, “nothing is permanent,” and the same goes for your detergent as well. Ever since the Wisk discontinued, the customers are baffled on which product to choose from, which would provide the same level of cleaning, texture, and consistency as Wisk. To save you some effort and time, here we provide you with a list of some good quality detergent brands which are available in the market, and you can choose from to replace Wisk detergent –
Hands down, tide is one of the best detergent brands available all over the world. The brand has been in the market since 1946 and has given satisfactory results ever since. Tide also claimed that it was “America’s washday favorite.” An interesting thing about the product is that in some areas of the country, it has been found that criminals steal the detergent from markets and sell them on the black market for buying illegal drugs.
- Surprisingly powerful clean in 1 step
- 3-in-1 laundry pacs: super concentrated detergent, extra odor fighters, extra stain removers
- Dissolves completely in any water conditions
- Works in all washing machines
Ever since Wisk Discontinued its operations, the window of opportunity to dominate the detergent market has been left open, and there is no better contender than Tide to seize that opportunity. The availability of the brand worldwide since the early 19th century has proven how reliable and accurate the results of the brand are. The product comes in its characteristic orange packing and contains various options such as PODS, heavy-duty, High Efficiency (HE), etc.
Ariel is originally a British brand which is owned by Procter & Gamble, which is an American brand. The company provides its products in many countries including, India, Mexico, the USA, Brazil, China, Argentina, Turkey, etc. In Malaysia and Singapore, it is available by the name “Dynamo.” Ariel first came into the British markets in 1967 and was the first-ever to contain stain-removing enzymes.
Gain is yet another detergent brand from Procter & Gamble. Famous for its fragrant laundry detergent and complementary clothing-care and cleaning products, Gain has received quite some popularity between the customers. Gain is available in liquid, powder, and single-load packs.
Persil is the product that was the replacement of Wisk in actual terms. This is because the new owner of Wisk, that is, Henkel, had a pre-existing chain of detergents by the name of Persil. The detergent has given satisfactory results ever since its launching year in the United States.
Persil contains a high amount of cleaning enzymes to remove tough stains and Oils from clothes along with a soothing fragrance, which makes one right product that can be considered. It is available in powder, liquid detergent, liquid capsule, liquid gel, and tablet forms.
- 4 powerful chambers to deliver an exceptional clean
- Chambers include ingredients that deliver: stain removal, long-lasting freshness, fiber care, and a deep clean detergent
- Persil Discs are easy to use, just place the laundry pacs into your empty washing machine drum before adding laundry
- Persil Discs clean effectively in all water temperatures, including cold, and work in all washer types, including high-efficiency (HE) washing machines
- This package contains one tub of 62 DISCS, enough for 62 loads
Purex is owned by Henkel and provides satisfactory results to the customers. Some people reported having allergies to using various detergents. These people found Purex safe to use. Thus, people with skin sensitivity can give Purex a shot.
- Purex Natural elements linen & lilies contains a light scent with the freshness of clean linen and sun-soaked lilies on a warm summer day.
- Contains traditional and plant-based cleaning ingredients without compromising clean
- This concentrated formula delivers 2X more cleaning power in every drop vs; our standard Purex Natural Elements liquid detergent so you only need to use half as much to get the deep-down clean that you’ve come to expect from Purex
- Compatible with all washing machines including high efficiency (HE) washers
- This package includes two 82.5-ounce bottles of Purex Natural Elements Linen & Lilies 2X concentrated liquid laundry detergent, enough for 252 loads.
Arm & Hammer
The arm & Hammer company is owned by Church & Dwight, a popular name among the Americans. They initially sold baking soda and washing soda but later began to expand their spectrum in the 1970s.
- POWERFULLY CLEAN, NATURALLY FRESH: The deep-cleaning power of our trusted arm & hammer laundry detergent liquid is formulated to get out tough dirt and odors; with the cleaning power and freshness of arm & hammer baking soda
- CLEAN BURST SCENT LEAVES LAUNDRY SMELLING FRESH AND CLEAN: Our trusted liquid detergent infuses a fresh scent to towels, sheets, workout gear, muddy team uniforms, and more; the crisp, just-washed fragrance is ideal for your whole family
- CLEAN RINSE WITH LOW-SUDS FORMULA: Works on grime, dirt and stains with a low-suds formula; special agents in the detergent help trap soil in the wash water so dirt rinses away and doesn't redeposit on your clothes; effective high efficiency laundry detergent. Recommended Surfaces: Fabric
- WORKS IN ALL MACHINES & ALL TEMPERATURES: Designed to work in both standard and HE washing machines; our liquid detergent handles your toughest loads in all water temperatures; an ideal cold water laundry detergent and HE laundry detergent liquid
- THE FRESHENING POWER OF ARM & HAMMER BAKING SODA: Our laundry detergent liquid is blended with the trusted deodorizing power of ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda for freshness
The brand is known for its cost-effective price and pleasing odor. One of its marketing campaigns claimed that keeping detergent in the fridge helped in removing odor. However, no scientific evidence is found, yet the brand is a hit among its users.